Packaging: 3 OZ / Tin / 12 vacuum bags
Description: The light-roasted Ti Kuan Yin series are made from Ti Kuan Yin trees at high elevation mountain in Anxi, Fujian, China, the origin of Ti Kuan Yin. The tea trees are drip-irrigated with mountain spring water. The tea leaves are hand-plucked, hand-rolled and hand-picked. The result of this hand-made process is premium Ti Kuan Yin with natural orchid-like aroma and sweet aftertaste.
The water from our tea farm comes from natural mountain spring, 8 miles from our farm. The spring water is then distributed to tea trees through drip irrigation system, which keeps tea trees moist and at the same time significantly conserve water.
Sound of Mountain Spring is the entry level Ti Kuan Yin from our light roasted Ti Kuan Yin series. Try this and see how this fresh and fragrant Ti Kuan Yin differs from other Ti Kuan Yin you have had.
Tie Guan Yin, also known as 'Iron Goddess of Mercy', is a premium variety of Chinese Oolong Tea and is also one of China's most famous Oolong teas. Tie Guan Yin is associated with Anxi in Fujian Province China.
Tie Guan Yin is typically close to a Green Tea , with only a little oxidization. Consequently, it has a very flowery, delicate aroma without the green tea "grassiness" or astringency.
The processing of Tie Guan Yin tea is complex and requires expertise. Even if the tea leaf is of high raw quality, and is plucked at the ideal time, if it is not processed correctly its true character will not be shown. This is why the method of processing Tie Guan Yin Tea was shrouded in secrecy.
How to brew a perfect cup of Tie Guan Yin tea
1. Preheat the teapot.
2. Fill the teapot 1/4 or 1/3 full of Tie Guan Yin Tea. It is about 7g or 9g.
3. The first brew is used only for warming up the teacup.
4. For the second brew, let the boiling water drops between 90 .and 95., and then pour it into the teapot with high and slow way.
5. Wait 25 to 30 seconds then pour it into the tea pitcher.
6. Pour the tea from the tea pitcher into smelling cup and wait for a couple of seconds.
7. Pour it into the drinking cup and enjoy the flavour of tea from empty smelling cup.
8. Enjoy the color, fragrance, taste and essence of the tea.